Welcome to the World of SEMSEM is a broader term than SEO. SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. It is most often referring to paid search, whereas SEO (search engine optimization) is related to your organic results.
Common terms used to refer to SEM1. Paid search ads.
2. Paid search advertising.
3. PPC (pay-per-click) Popular for Google add words
4. CPC (cost-per-click) payment made for social media advertisements click like Facebook
5. CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions)
Search engine marketing, or SEM, is a form of Internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages through the use of paid placement, contextual advertising, and paid inclusion.
You can pay for traffic using the PPC advertising programs provided by Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing and others. SEM involves things such as search engine optimization (SEO), keyword research, competitive analysis, paid listings and other search engine services that will increase search traffic to your site.
Why Google AdWords?Attract more customers.
Whether you’re looking to bring in new website visitors, grow online sales, get the phones ringing or keep customers coming back for more, Google AdWords can help.
Advertise locally or globally.
Target your ads to customers in certain countries, regions or cities — or within a set distance from your business or shop.
No visit, no fee.
Signing up for Google AdWords is free. You only pay when someone clicks your ad to visit your website, or calls you. In other words, when your advertising is working.
Start with any budget.
You set your own budget, so your costs will depend on what you are trying to accomplish with your advertising. Some businesses spend tens of thousands of dollars a month, and others are comfortable investing several hundred.
Only pay for ads that pay off.
AdWords won’t charge you for displaying ads. Instead, you pay only when someone clicks your ad, views your video on YouTube, or calls your business.
Google AdWords EditorAny advertiser with any size account can use AdWords Editor, but it's especially useful for accounts with multiple campaigns and long lists of keywords or ads. For example, you can:
• Use bulk editing tools to make multiple changes quickly.
• Export and import files to share proposals or make changes to an account.
• View statistics for all campaigns or a subset of campaigns.
• Manage, edit, and view multiple accounts at the same time.
• Search and replace text across ad groups or campaigns.
• Copy or move items between ad groups and campaigns.
• Undo and redo multiple changes while editing your campaigns.
• Make changes in draft before uploading them to your account.
• Keep working even when you're offline.
Search Engine marketing tools helps in knowing competitors keywords and planning your budget on PPC. It is not a compulsion to use all the spy tools.• KeywordSpy : Spy on your competitors profit from their success. Discover competitors and their keywords.
• PPC Web Spy : Is a competitive keyword research tool with some great features. Competitive keyword research tools are great for determining which keywords and keyword combinations are working within your niche.
• SEMrush : Is a powerful and versatile competitive intelligence suite for online marketing, from SEO and PPC to social media and video advertising research. Which keywords are the best for SEO.
• SpyFu : Search for any competitor. Download their keywords. It's that simple. Learn competitors' PPC & SEO tricks and avoid their mistakes.
• iSpionage : most reliable competitor research tool. Steal Your Competitors' Traffic & Uncover Their Conversion Strategy.
• Google Adwords Editor : Is another free SEM-tool that is a form of Google application, which allows you to work offline and make changes when user is ready with the changes.
• Keyword Wrapper : This tool allows you to bring a list of keywords together in no time.